Monday, May 3, 2010

Tater Tot Casserole

This comes from Campbell's Kitchen .com.

And easy and tasty one. Not too healthy but not terribly unhealthy either.
Ive done French Fry Casserole, but this is my first time for this one.

1lb gr. beef, 1 medium onion chopped, 1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (I used the one with roasted garlic) 1 tbs ketchup (I doubled the ketchup) 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce (I omitted this simply because I don't have it on hand and I'm trying to cut grocery costs down) 3 cups frozen tater tots
I also added tons of minced garlic in my ground beef, and hamburger seasoning, Mc.Kormic brand.

Cook beef and onion in skillet over med high heat until beef is brown, stirring to break up the meat. Pour off fat. I used lean meat so I didn't have any fat to pour off. I wonder how good ground turkey would be in this recipe?
Stir soup, ketchup and Worcestershire into skillet. Spoon mixture into 12x8 shallow baking dish. Arrange tots around edges of casserole. (I added some all over, not just on the edges) Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until tots are done.

No comments: