Monday, May 17, 2010

Salsa

Here a recipe for a homemade salsa. I took a recipe I found on the internet and altered it a bit to make my own. Its very yummy. I cant stay away from it!
It made a great salsa for the scoops chips and this morning I may try to make an egg omelet with it.

3 tbs finely chopped onion ( I think it could use more)
2 small cloves of garlic minced ( again I think more would be better)
about 8 plum tomatoes ( I guess you can use any kind )
1 jalapeno finely chopped ( I removed seeds so its not too hot for the little ones, If it were for all adults I would use a couple more of these )
as much minced cilantro as you want ( Im generous here )
juice of 1 and a half limes
salt and pepper to taste ( Im generous here too)
1 can of drained red kidney beans ( I suppose any bean you want would be ok here)
1/2 a can drained sweet whole kernel corn

Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain throughly. Discard water. Cool.

Combine onions and garlic with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate foe 2-4 hours before serving.

No comments: