Sunday, May 2, 2010

Deep Dish Sausage Pizza Bread

I got this recipe from K.raftFoods.com and let me just say this was just awesome! I WILL make this again! This isn't the best food to eat on my quest to eat healthier, but it wasn't terrible either and it was oh so delish.

what you need!
1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread ( I used 2 small baguettes, I didn't have an option)
3/4 lb. thawed frozen LOUIS RICH Turkey Sausage (I used a whole lb and reserved the extra meat and spinach mixture for an omelet the next morning!)
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


make it!
HEAT oven to 375ºF.

CUT off top 1/3 of bread; scoop out insides, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve top and insides of bread for another use. Place bread shell on baking sheet.

COOK sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently to break sausage into small pieces. Stir in spinach and Parmesan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella onto bottom of bread shell; cover with sausage mixture and remaining mozzarella.

BAKE 20 min. or until mozzarella is melted and lightly browned.

I topped them both off with a little spaghetti meat sauce. Without the sauce I think it would be a little too dry.

This was sooooooo fricken yummy!

Nick and I also come up with the genius idea that you could use so many different stuffings with this...such as chicken and bbq sauce. Or a Philly Cheesesteak type.

SERVING SUGGESTIONServe with a crisp mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Dressing.SPECIAL EXTRAFor added flavor, sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning before baking as directed. Then, drizzle with warmed pizza sauce just before serving.COOKING KNOW-HOWFor best results, use a serrated knife to cut the bread.


So here is MY picture: The one in the front is the one with spinach, the one Kayla and I ate. And the one in the back is just plain sausage, for Nick.


Here is the picture from K.raft.

No comments: