Monday, May 24, 2010

Baked Ziti ( My Way )

Baked Ziti, my way.

I dont know where I got this recipe. I dont remember, its been so long. But I altered it to the way we like it. You can do so much with baked ziti. If it werent for my picky husband I would add in all kinds of veggies...like fresh sliced mushrooms! Mmmmm! Or even pepperoni slices

This makes a lot of ziti, but I like to freeze it in small containers and break it out when Kayla and I need a quick lunch.

1 pound ziti pasta (penne works too), 1 chopped onion, 1 pound ground beef (I use ground turkey, a little healthier for you) 2 26-oz jars pasta sauce, 6 oz provolone cheese slices, 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese or sour cream, 6 oz shredded mozzarella (I use more, I'm generous with cheese!) 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese (Again, I use more)

Cook pasta al dente, about 10 minutes. Brown beef (or turkey) and onion. Add sauce. Simmer 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350. Butter (I use Pam) baking dish. Layer half of ziti pasta, all provolone, Ricotta (or sour cream),(pepperoni or veggies if you have it) half of the sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella, and remaining sauce.
Top with Parmesan. Bake 30 minutes.

No comments: