Saturday, December 13, 2008

Roasted Cornish Hen






This is so simple. Its nothing special just a good easy simple meal.

You need 1 cornish hen, butter or olive oil and whatever seasonings you like. I used McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken Rub, fresh ground black pepper and McCormick's minced garlic. This is the first time I used the minced garlic instead of using fresh garlic. I must say, I like the fresh garlic better. I think you can taste it much more and the smell through the house is amazing.

Rub the hen all over with butter or olive oil. I used butter since I was low on olive oil. Then sprinkle generous amounts of seasonings all over hen.

Bake about an hour on 450.

Another idea which I have done a few times is to put chicken broth in the roasting pan. Then when the hen is all cooked add a little flour salt and pepper to the juices to make gravy.

No comments: