Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crispy Chicken Wings








I WILL make these wings again. In fact, I will make this a regular dish in the Alessi household. These wings turned out better than I would have ever imagined had I not eaten them. Nick loved them too.

Crispy Chicken Wings, serves 4. However, for just Nick and I, I only made servings for 2.
1 tsp olive oil for baking sheets, 1 8oz package salted corn tortilla chips, 2 large eggs, recipe calls for 1 tsp paprika but I used McCormick's original chicken seasoning. Salt, Pepper, 12 whole wings

Preheat oven to 450. Line 2 baking sheets with foil paper, brush with oil. Set aside. In food processor pulse chips until finely ground. (Should be about 2 cups)
Transfer chips to shallow dish.

In separate bowl wish eggs and seasonings. Working in 2 batches, place wings in egg mixture. Remove wings one by one letting excess egg mixture to drop off. Transfer to ground chips. Toss to coat patting mixture with hands onto wing. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake switching pans 1.2 way through, 45 minutes.

Again, DELICIOUS! This was like eating Popeye's or KFC without the guilt and grease!
Go ahead...try it! If you do, let me know how you like it.

3 comments:

Tina said...

yummy i love chicken wings....Hey did your clips get there yet? Jody got hers she loves them..:) im so happy

twondra said...

I love that little girl in the picture....can I have her? :)

Michelle said...

Nope, I havent gotten my clips yet Tina. Mine will probably be a few extra days since its going A LOT further!

Tammy, I would love to share her with you. If we only lived closer!