Monday, December 1, 2008

Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms



This is my very first recipe post! Since Im not sure if this blog will last, Im going to start out simple and not put too much time and effort into this just yet.
Last night I made Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms. Its very simple, very easy. I scaled the recipe down quite a bit since Nick doesnt eat any veggies. You need
1 bunch of asparagus and 1/2 lb mushrooms. The recipe calls for 2 sprigs of rosemary but instead I used McCormic's vegetable supreme seasoning. You also need about 2 tbs of olive oil, and salt and peper.

Preheat oven to 450. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place veggies in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Toss. Lay flat on cookie sheet. Roast 15 minutes.

I only roasted for 10 minutes and it turned out perfect. I like a little bit of crunch left in my asparagus.

ALso, I got a comment from Tina.
Tina said...
I love it.. maybe you could do a featured recipe once a month from one of your fellow bloggers :) that would be fun..im excited

I just want to let her know that I like this idea. Anyone else agree or disagree? Im not even sure I have enough readers to do this.

7 comments:

Babyglu2u said...

He NEVER eats veggies? WOW!

Michelle said...

Nope. Never. He's the worst eater you would ever run into. I swear on it.

twondra said...

This sounds really good! I'm an asparagus freak. :) Mark doesn't like mushrooms, though. Is there another veggie you would recommend other than mushrooms?

Anonymous said...

Sound great! I make a similar one with chopped rosemary.

Michelle said...

Tammy, maybe zucchini?? I think that might roast up pretty good. I dont really know?

Tina said...

yummy.....

alicia said...

Michelle, I love the new blog, believe it or not, i always check your blog to see what your throwing in the crock pot to get ideas!! Keep them coming, I love gettin new recipes! Also, congrats to you and Nick on the finalization with Kayla!