Friday, December 26, 2008

Magically moist chicken+Oven fried eggplant




So, the Cadum Pak'ju that I was to make, I messed up too. It turned out ok, but I wont post it until I make it the right way next time.

For Christmas Eve dinner I made Magically Moist Chicken breasts and Oven Fried Eggplant. This dinner was delish! I've had fried eggplant before but didnt like it. Oil poured from it and it really had no flavor. But this eggplant...Yum. I ate the entire eggplant myself. Nick doesnt eat eggplant...or anything that is a vegetable.

The chicken, he absolutely loved. This will now be a regularly made dish in the Alessi house.

Magically Moist Chicken (4 servings)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had bone in skinned chicken breasts in the freezer I used up for this recipe and it turned out fine, I removed the skin before cooking)1/2 cup mayo, 1 1/4 cups italian bread crumbs
I also added in some other seasonings- whatever you wish and I mixed them into the mayo
1. Preheat oven to 425. 2. Brush mayo onto breasts, then coat with bread crumbs. 3. On pan arrange chicken breasts. Cook 20 minutes.
It's that simple.

Oven Fried Eggplant
1 large eggplant, 1 cup italian breadcrumbs (I just used left over crumbs from the chicken breasts) 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, salt, mayo
1. Preheat oven to 425. 2. In small bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt. 3. Pare skin from eggplant. Slice crossways 1/4" thick slices. 4.Spread thin coating of mayo on each side sliced eggplant and dredge into the bread crumbs. 5. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. 6. Bake 10 minutes per side.

An EASY and YUMMY dinner!

1 comment:

littleone0183 said...

This sounds really really good! I will have to try it when I get my own kitchen LOL