Sunday, December 28, 2008

Creamy Fruit Salad




This recipe was good, however I wont make it again because I know of a better, easier, quicker way to make this thanks to my Great Grandmother. But I thought I would make this and try a different version. Not nearly as good.

This recipe is Creamy Fruit Salad
1 package 16 oz mixed frozen fruit, thawed and drained
1 cup whipping cream, 3 tbs white sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
In mixing bowl whip cream to soft peaks with mixer. Add sugar and vanilla, continue mixing to combine. Fold whipped cream into fruit.
Alternatives: Add banana slices, coconut, chopped nuts.

I added chopped walnuts and coconut.

A better version of this would be to just use thawed cool whip and fruit cocktail or fresh chopped fruit is which I usually do.

My Great Grandma calls this Heavenly Hash. Along with all these ingredients she adds in mini marsh mellows and maraschino cherries. I have made this several times for get together and every single time I get lots of compliments on it. It tastes just as it sounds. Heavenly.

No comments: