Friday, April 30, 2010

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips




This recipe comes from The Pampered Chef.

A friend of mine made it a long time ago, when Kayla was around 8 or 9 months, I think. Kayla loved it. I always said I was going to try to make it and for some reason forgot about it and never did. Then a few days ago when searching new dinner ideas I found the recipe in my email. So, I printed it and when we went grocery shopping I got the stuff to make it. Its so simple to make, not many ingredients, on the healthy side and VERY YUMMY. I vow to make this more often. Especially since its good for the little ones to eat. I couldn't get the camera to focus right on the salsa, but you get the idea.



Cinnamon Chips:
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas (I used 3 8-inch)
1 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar. Sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on baking stone, or cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack.

Salsa:
2 medium apples, 1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
1 small orange, 2 tbs packed brown sugar (I used light brown) 2 tbs apple jelly

Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters and chop. ( I chopped all the fruits fairly small so Kayla can chew easily. She still does not have all her teeth) Slice strawberries. Chop kiwi. Place in bowl. Zest orange and juice orange. Add zest and juice, brown sugar, apple jelly to fruit mixture. Mix gently.

Serve with cinnamon chips.

3 comments:

battynurse said...

That sounds yummy.

Jody said...

what is zest????

Michelle said...

Lemon zest is the skin of the lemon! Just grate it on a cheese grater!