Monday, April 19, 2010

Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad


This recipe is from The Pampered Chef. Its very good and healthy. I did alter it a little bit so I blog about the altered recipe, and it came out great. I will make this again.
A couple bulk mushrooms, sliced (Recipe actually calls for snap peas but our store didn't have any)
1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
2 tsp salt (I omitted)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast (actually I oven roasted a whole chicken and then shredded the meat)
1 lemon, 1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 small red onion (I forgot to get to I sliced a yellow onion)
1 medium red bell pepper (Kayla picked out a green pepper)
1 jar, 6oz, marinated artichoke hearts, quartered, drained
1/2 cup fresh parsley (I omitted)
2 tablespoons lemon pepper rub, divided

Here are MY directions:

Start boiling potatoes. Slice up onion, green pepper, mushroom and place them in a pan with a little olive oil and cook until desired doneness.

Place shredded chicken in pan with small amount of olive oil, turn on low heat to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon lemon pepper rub.

If using chicken breasts, rub with 1 tablespoon lemon pepper rub and cook chicken 7-9 minutes in pan. Set aside and keep warm.

For dressing: juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons. Combine juice, remaining rub, and minced garlic in small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Set aside.

Combine chicken, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, parsley, artichokes in bowl. Mix. Add potatoes and dressing. Toss gently. Serve warm.

This was really good!

1 comment:

Jody said...

what is lemon pepper rub?