Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lime Turkey Burgers




So, I really dont have a recipe per say...I just made this up as I went along.
I got the idea from a recipe I saw posted by someone on a recipe swap group I am part of on Face.Book. But that recipe was meant for already formed turkey patties.

Since the commissary here on Guam does not sell those, I had to get ground turkey and make them myself. I was also missing a few of the ingredients so I made some up as I went along.

The reason for turkey burgers is because I have committed to providing better, healthier meals for my family. Turkey instead of beef when I can is one of the permanent changes in my meal planning.

These burgers turned out very good. The only thing I would change is adding more lime juice and zest. I couldn't tell very much there was lime in them.

So onto the Lime Turkey Burgers!

I had 1 lb ground turkey. I juiced a whole lime (it was small) and added half of a lime of zest.

About 1/3 cup bread crumbs (which Kayla gladly dumped in for me) and 1 egg to make everything stick together.

Also 2 big cloves of minced garlic. A palm full of dried thyme, and palm full of cepotle (sp?) seasoning.

There is an avocado in the picture because I was going to top mine off with slices of it, but instead decided to top it off with a little hot sauce and bbq sauce.

I cooked them on the George.Foreman for a few minutes. Not long, just until done. Turkey cooks faster than beef.

The burgers were I hit. I served them on wheat bread. The husband and daughter loved them. The son...well...he has a few months to go before he can eat these. But he did enjoy the taste of his first orange yesterday!

No comments: