Saturday, January 24, 2009

Questions answered...

Jody said...
"What are those things on the skewer??? So that's all you put in lumpia? If I was to make those, do I need a deep fryer or just a frying pan??? Also, can you get lumpia wrappers in the states you think???"

1. The things on the skewer is BBQ chicken. Also a huge tradtional food here on Guam. You just have to have it with the Lumpia. Im not sure what they use to marinade the chicken. I have to do some research on that. I bought these chicken already marinated and on the sticks. They turned out so good and I cant wait to go grocery shopping to make this again!

2.Yup, thats all that you put in Lumpia. This is the traditional Shangahi Lumpia. Of course, you can put in it whatever your little heart desires! But I like the real traditional stuff.

3.You can use either, a pan or a deep fryer. I made banana lumpia before in a pan, and these Shanghai lumpia a deep fryer. Both worked equally as well.

4.Yes, you can buy lumpia wrappers in the states, I am sure. I bought the lumpia wrappers in the frozen food section near all the Asian foods. Try looking there. It was in the same asile as the frozen pizza, hot pockets, etc.

No comments: