Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Banana Loaf




Sorry it's been a while since I blogged a recipie. I will try to do better.
Please vote on my poll I have going on! Its on the right hand sidebar.

Coming soon........ Homemade Fresh From Scratch....PORK LUMPIA! Next grocery shopping trip I will be buying the ingredients.
What inspired me to do this? Today was Kayla's WIC appointment. In the parking lot is a little 'snack shop' on wheels where they sell lumpia for 3 for $1. I bought 6 and was in heaven eating all 6. I NEED some more of this. It's been too long since I had it! Now I know where to go for my craving! The WIC office parking lot! LOL!

But for now... my Banana Loaf.

So simple to make. That is my kind of recipie. A couple weeks ago I made this for a BBQ we were invited to. Everyone complimented me on it. It was the first time I made it, and I will make it again.

1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 2 eggs well beaten, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 3 medium bananas mashed, 1/2 cup ground walnuts (optional or raisins)

Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs.
Add flour, baking soda to butter and egg mixture. Stir to blend well. Add bananas, nuts, raisins.

Pour in greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. (However, my load took longer than 60 minutes for some reason)

Remove from pan. Cool. Slice.

Taaadaaa! Enjoy!

1 comment: