Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Muddy Buddies






I so took this from chex.com website. This recipe is for Muddy Buddies, also known as, Puppy Chow, Reindeer Food, Monkey Munch and many others.

I make this a lot. Much more than I should. But ever sugary sweet calorie is so worth it.

9 cups chex cereal- any kind. We use corn chex because of my picky husband.
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, although, I never measure out the sugar. I use the amonut that looks good to me.

In a large bowl measure out the cereal and set aside.
In a 1 quart microwaveable bowl, stir together chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave 1 minute, stir. Microwave 30 seconds more as needed until mixture can be stirred smooth. I find that 1 minute does the job. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2-gallon ziplock bag.
Add powdered sugar. Seal bag. Shake until well coated. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight container in fridge. We never store these in the fridge though. Its usually all gone within 2 days.

2 comments:

DaniKel said...

We make this also (just made some at Christmas). But I have decided that I like to melt the peanut butter and chocolate by themelves. That way there is a distinguished taste between the two.

Such a yummy snack!

Jody said...

I love that stuff too...