Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheesy Corn with Chile's



I bought myself a new slow cooker recipe book and Im so excited to try every single one!

The first one I tried was Cheesy Corn with Chile's because I was invited to Mexican night in my friend's neighborhood since I am always at her house. I seem to be part of her neighborhood these days.

The recipe turned out great. The corn was fantastic. I did omit the very last step...only because I forgot. When I make this dish again, I will still omit the very last step.

Makes 12 servings.

2 16-oz packages frozen whole kernel corn (thawed)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
1 14 3/4 oz can cream style corn
1 cup chopped tomato
1 4-oz can diced green chile peppers, undrained
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 16-oz carton sour cream
cilantro

1. In 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker combine, whole kernel corn, cheese, cream corn, tomatoes, chile's, onion, chili powder, salt.

2.Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3 hours.

3.Turn off cooker. Gently stir in sour cream and cilantro. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Again, I accidentally omitted step 3, and the corn still turned out great. I had many compliments on this dish and will make it again.

No comments: