Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fabulous Fruit Dip



Over the weekend I made 2 fruit platters with fruit dip. I made one tray for a Partylite show I hosted and another for a baby shower I was invited to.

Each party the fruit and dip was a huge hit. And each party ended with barely any fruit left on the tray and the dip bowl scraped clean.

The Partylite show I made the fruit less fancy. The baby shower I added extra cherries and bite size pieces of pound cake.

For the fruit, you can choose whatever you like.
I did honeydew, cantelope, cherries, kiwi, sliced up oranges, canned pineapple chunks and red seedless grapes. I wanted strawberries but the commissary was all out.

For the fruit dip..
1 8oz block or container of plain cream cheese, 1 jar of marshmellow creme, 1 orange.
Mixed the two then add as must orange juice and orange zest to your taste as you like.
I also added dried mint leaves on top of the dip and topped the fruit pieces too. Not a lot, just enough to get a hint of mint with a couple bites and to get people to wonder, "Is that mint that I taste!!??"

It was a HUGE hit.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Looks soooooooooooooooo good!!