Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chicken Citrus Salad

So, after our last visit to Hard Rock Cafe, I wanted to re-create the salad I had there. Chicken Citrus Salad. The attempt I made is very delicious but it's not that HRC salad I had. I cant get the dressing right. Mine is missing a spice and I don't know what it is. HRC's dressing was very citrus-y with a hint of kind of spice. Some to give it a zip. And I don't know what it is.

So, what did I put in my salad?
Lettuce- I used just your plain ole iceburg because I was in the mood for the crunch
red onion, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, butter toffee almond slivers, blue cheese crumbles, and southwest chicken strips cut into bite size pieces ( This is the oscar mayer chicken in your lunch meat aisle )

Its sweet and spicey and crunchy and oh so yummy. I cant get enough.

and the dressing..
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons of orange juice
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

but- the dressing is missing that zing- and I cant figure it out!

No comments: