Sunday, June 13, 2010

Low Calorie, Low Fat and DELISH Chunky Potato Chowder


This soup is SOOO GOOD. I will make this, A LOT. Even Kayla loves it! I doubled the recipe so I could freeze some.
Its chunky, its meaty, its full of veggies and potatoes, its creamy, its delish!

8 oz 90% lean ground beef, ground raw turkey or ground raw chicken ( I used turkey)
2 cups skim milk
2 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
1 can reduced fat and sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
2 tbs snipped dried tomato ( I omitted this because I forgot to search for this at the store)
1/2 tsp dried basil crushed

Cook and stir meat in large saucepan over med-high heat until brown. Drain fat. Stir milk, potatoes, soup, veggies. Bring to boil. Stir in tomato bits and basil. Reduce heat. Simmer covered about 5 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

No comments: